Monday, April 15, 2013

Regarding the Boston Marathon Bombs

The Lord became serious with me.
What am I doing to prevent this?
Am I praying for Boston?
Am I praying for Humanity?
I did NOTHING to prevent this.
Why?
(cont)
 Lyrics came to my head while praying,
I'm absolutely sure most of you don't listen to Scream, even Christian Scream...
But, these lyrics (at the bottom of the page) spoke volumes to me.
Why do we live this life for anything but God and His Kingdom?
Why waste time when we could be praying
When we could be worshipping
When we could be preventing
When we could be battling the enemy through prayer
when we could be praying for the angels
whom which are commanded by GOD
Who are we to live our own earthly life that does not acknowledge God?
One of no eternal worth,
no eternal importance,
one that is not everlasting,
one that is unhappy,
one that can never be complete...
I know this life is not MY own
It never has been
I didn't GIVE IT to God
He always held it in His hand
Do you understand that?! 
I gave Him what was rightfully His
Song #1 is how the BROKEN PEOPLE feel, what they see, what they're looking FOR
 and HOW God RESPONDS
Song #2 is what we Christians need to DO and need to SAY and need to PRAY
And WHY we exist
(Song #1)

 Lately I've been struggling just to see your face
And everything I reach out for slowly slips away
I was told these days would come, and I thought I could face them
But I am nothing without you. I am nothing without you

Are we sinking in the waves? and everything that I have known has slowly washed away
Please take this away from me because I can't bear the shame
Of knowing I have failed of knowing that I caused all this

You promised me a love, a love that knows no end
And forgiveness as wide as this ocean
of selfishness that I'm drowning in
I know that I am called to stand amidst all these struggles
But I am nothing without You; I am nothing without You.


Still I can't help but question what will become of me
If this darkness is all I see
Is this darkness all I can be?


Truly we have found my darkest days
and we are forced to live with my mistakes
but with every passing moment this darkness is overtaking me
With empty hands I'm reaching out is there any hope left for me?

It is Your hands that carried me
It is Your voice that spoke of a love I never knew
It is Your grace that fills me
It is Your love that sustains if there is hope it is You. 
 (Close Your Eyes - Heavy Hearts)

&

(Song #2)

We'll scream it loud!
This is our melody; it's time to sing it out
So give us words before we all forget!

This is where I lift my hands and say enough is enough!

So many people are broken and they're not getting up
This is our offering; this is our hope!
This is what we believe in, and we're not giving up

This is our song
So sing out loud a chorus for us.
And it's all too much; I can feel my lungs collapse on me.

Bitter soul why are you weeping tears that fall only for you?

This is our song
So sing out loud a chorus for us
It's all too much; I can feel my lungs collapse on me.

Bitter soul, why are you weeping?
Tears that fall, will lay for you!

This is my worship; this is my life
To bring hope into this broken world[x4]


This is my worship; this is our worship!

This is our song (We'll scream it loud!)
So sing out loud (Sing out loud!) a chorus for us
It's all too much; I can feel my lungs collapse on me. 
(Close Your Eyes - Song For The Broken)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment